Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Benefits of Citation Tools
Citation management tools allow you to:
- build a database of your references.
- attach articles to references so that all your research is in one place.
- store notes with references.
- search references
- cite your sources in your paper with a touch of a button.
- automatically build your bibliography (also called works cited/reference list).
- easily change your citation style if needed(e.g. APA to MLA, Chicago, etc).
Citation generators allow you to:
- create a citation and bibliographic reference that you can copy and paste into your document.
NOTE: Citation generators do not save your references.
Eva B. Dykes Library Libguides by Oakwood University is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.