Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Select Search Words
Whether you are using a library catalogue, an article database, or a search engine, you will need to search for the most important concepts or keywords related to your topic.
These are generally nouns, and are the main points of your topic.
Since there are often many different ways to refer to a concept, it's a good idea to come up with a list of synonyms for your keywords.
Plan a Research Strategy
- What is the scope of the project?
- Estimate how much information you need.
- What kinds of materials do you think you will need?
- What is the level of the project?
- Who is the audience?
- What is the presentation format?
- How much do you need to write? 2 pages or 20?
- What is the manageability of the project?
- How much time do you have to complete the project?
- What resources are available?
Eva B. Dykes Library Libguides by Oakwood University is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.