Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Off Campus Access
Databases are searchable from your home, office, or anywhere you have an internet connection.
If you're having trouble accessing our databases, contact Robert Engram at (256) 726-8317 or via email at email@example.com.
Call: (256) 726-7246
Facebook: Eva B Dykes Library
Fax: (256) 726-7538
Text: (256) 429-2629
YouTube: Eva B. Dykes Library
Faculty have borrowing privileges at Athens State University Library and the J. F. Drake Learning Resource Centre at Alabama A&M University. Present your current Oakwood Faculty ID for service.
Faculty Research Showcase
- The library welcomes copies of your dissertation and additional research.
- The library sponsors Meet Oakwood Authors, an opportunity to exhibit and share about your publications with colleagues, students, and community.
Main Library & Computer Lab
Sunday: 10:00 AM–12:00 AM
Monday–Thursday, 7:30 AM–12:00 AM
Friday, 7:30 AM–2:00 PM
Consult library website for holiday/intersemester hours
Your Oakwood ID # is your library card.
Faculty may borrow books for the semester. Media items are loaned for a week. Faculty do not pay overdue fines, but are responsible for lost and/or damaged items.
- Faculty needing photocopies from a non-circulating item (reference book, for example) may use the library's office copier for single copies at no charge.
- Please do not use this copier for items that can be checked out, for multiple copies of an item, for class handouts, or personal copies. Journals/magazines may be checked out for 24 hours.
- Ask for assistance at the Circulation Desk.
- If you want your students to access a particular book, DVD, CD, article packet, or other resource, you can register it as a Reserve item. This means students don't have to come to your office to get the material --- they can simply check it out from the circulation desk for 2 hours at a time. To get started, click here to fill out the Reserves form.
- If the reserve item is from your personal library, please collect it at the end of the semester.
- Faculty may reserve two smart classrooms and a conference room for the semester.
- The Computer Lab may be reserved only during exam week.
If you need a book, DVD, or article from the library, there's no need to leave your office. Simply fill out this form and we'll deliver the item to you, then pick it up when you're done.
Eva B. Dykes Library Libguides by Oakwood University is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.